Everyone when they’re little have some of the most vivid dreams of their lives. Then there’s the select few of us who get addicted. Flying, defying the laws of physics, you don’t know how trapped you feel until you rise above the normality of our everyday. I’ve become obsessed with lucid dreaming for a long time now, and am to the point of having a regular lucid dream schedule. Lucid dreaming being knowing you are in a dream. Some can take control of their dream at this point. Others can’t. Either way it helps you dig deeper into your inner self. Dream recall and journals are an essential part of this. You can’t have one without the other. Personally, I also take vitamins to enhance my dream. Melotonin and b6 on a daily bases. In addition I gave up smoking and drinking so as to ensure more vivid dreams. Being in a dream and realizing it, you are first amazed at how real everything is. Most people wake from the sheer excitement alone. Even as a child I use to cherish my dream life as much as my waking. Bidding goodbye to my dream friends on a nightly basis, letting the know I’d see them in the morrow. If youre going to be an addict of something why not dreams I guess. Movies have put lucid dreaming in the lime light with both truths and not. But hey at least now its out there so other can join in seeing the profound beauty of their dreams. It has affected my outlook on life greatly. I love knowing that the power of expectancy in the predominant ruler within my consciousness.
This topic is fascinating. I have had several lucid dreams and many dream dejavu. I found myself captured by what you were saying. Have you given any thought to becoming a writer?
ReplyDeleteSee you in class,
Merry
Girl Im so happy we were put in the same group. I found this so informative, especially the vitamin part. I've studied lucid dreaming for about one year now and it is wonderful. The only thing I was left wondering is what made you interested in lucid dreaming. Loved this post no complaints!!! As I said before I can relate on the lucid dreaming!
ReplyDeleteBefore reading this entry I had no idea what lucid dreaming was. It sounds like something you can get really involved in and put a lot of thoughts in with out getting stressed. Almost like meditation. How in the world did you find something so cool? I would love learning more about this kind of dreaming and the steps to becoming successful at it. Great free write! Sentences are beneficial and are organized.
ReplyDelete